Simply Earth October 2021 Box Review + Coupon
Despite what anyone might tell you, using essential oils to improve your physical health is anything but a fad. Mankind has been using essential oils for thousands of years.
With that said, can you really use essential oils to boost your immune system?
Well, kind of! The compounds in essential oils interact with the cells in our bodies in interesting ways. Sometimes these compounds aid with inflammation, or supply much-needed nutrients our bodies need, they can also decrease pain which decreases stress. Many essential oils prevent the growth of dangerous bacteria and even viruses. All of these properties are essential to your immune system’s health.
With flu season creeping toward us, now’s the perfect time to go over how we can support our immune system with essential oils. In fact, that’s the theme of the Simply Earth October 2021 box! In this post, we’re going to talk about the bacteria-busting, body-healing oils included and some of the creative recipes they suggest using to create a healthy household.
POSTS RELATED TO THE SIMPLY EARTH OCTOBER 2021 BOX:
- The Simply Earth Essential Oils Review
- The Simply Earth Starter Box Review
- Simply Earth September 2021 Box Review
The Simply Earth October 2021 Box At-A-Glance
Theme: Immune Support
Recipes Included: Cooling Massage Oil, Stomach Soother Roll-On, Menthol Shower Steamers, Multipurpose Cleaning Spray, Menthol Chest Rub, Clear the Air Diffuser Blend
Oils Included: Fir, Eucalyptus, Cajeput, Digest Blend
Goodies Included: Cleaning Tablet, Serum Container, Menthol Crystals
Total Value: $126 (Sells for $39)
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from one of the links I will make a small commission at no charge to you. I only recommend what I trust. Blunders in Babyland does not diagnose, treat, or advise medical conditions. I received this recipe box for free in order to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own.
What is Simply Earth?
In this post, we’re using Simply Earth essential oils.
I am a HUGE fan of this company.
In case you’re not familiar with Simply Earth, they are a small essential oil manufacturer that offers 100% pure, ethically-farmed oils for a fantastic price (like, a quarter of the cost of the big suppliers).
Simply Earth does this by cutting out the middle man. They buy directly from ethical farmers across the world then produce the oils in themselves in Waldo, WI. From there, they sell the oils directly to the public. No MLMs. No big box stores.
Simply Earth also goes above and beyond as a company. When you’re subscribed to their monthly recipe box, you’ll gain access to their essential oil hero course (think of it as EO 101). You can also rest easy knowing that the company you’re buying from is actually donating 13% of their profits to charities.
Simply Earth’s story is actually pretty cool, so if you’d like to learn more about them, check out my full review here.
What is the Simply Earth Recipe Box?
Speaking of monthly recipe boxes…
You can buy most of Simply Earth’s oils ala carte, but the best deal by far is signing up for their monthly recipe box. While saving money is pretty cool, this box also teaches you how to use essential oils and challenges you to use them in different ways.
Every month Simply Earth sends you 4 essential oils, 6 recipes, and a couple bonuses. This recipe box focuses on a particular theme that will gradually help you toss out the chemicals and other toxins in your house so you can live that natural lifestyle you’ve been craving.
This month we’re focusing on immune support.
What’s Included in the Simply Earth October 2021 Box
Whenever I think about immunity-boosting essential oils, peppermint and tea tree always comes to mind. I love that this month’s box goes beyond those staples and shows us a fresh array of oils.
Here’s what’s included in the Simply Earth October 2021 recipe box:
- Eucalyptus Oil: I mean, it is hard to have an immune support essential oils box without including eucalyptus oil. Did you know that studies have shown that eucalyptus oil can prevent the growth of bacteria like salmonella and e.coli? Combine that with antiinflammatory and mood-boosting properties and you have a very powerful oil indeed.
- Cajeput Oil: If you’ve used essential oils at all, you’re probably familiar with tea tree oil. Cajeput oil is very similar, with a slightly different scent and it can be used as an expectorant (a substance that loosens up mucus). And the best part? It’s kid-friendly!
- Fir Needle: Oh, I love fir needle oil. It smells like Christmas in a bottle. Fir Needle essential oils are derived from, you guessed it, fir trees. Siberian fir trees, to be exact. You can use fir needle oil to break up phlegm, detox, and prevent infection.
- Digest Blend: Every month Simply Earth sends a blend in their recipe box. The Digest Blend is a combination of aniseed, bergamot, German chamomile, and sweet orange. I don’t know how to describe this scent to you. It’s woodsy and tart, yet sweet. Bergamot and aniseed are well-known for helping menstrual cramps and even stomach cramps. Meanwhile chamomile and sweet orange can boost your mood (and smell fantastic). As an added bonus, sweet orange aids in the prevention of bacterial growth, making it a fantastic home cleaner.
As you can see, this month’s box was designed to help you naturally kick viruses, bacteria, and other cold-weather nasties to the curb.
Bonuses Included in the Simply Earth October 2021 Box:
All of that is cool, but I love the bonuses. Mostly, because I have never considered using any of these before. I love that Simply Earth is always keeping us on our toes with new and exciting goodies!
Here’s the bonuses:
- Menthol Crystals: This bears some additional explanation. This is basically menthol extracted from a plant and crystallized. The crystals are dissolvable and can create lots of really cool recipes to boost your respiratory system (which we are about to go over!)
- Multi-Purpose Cleaning Tablet (Basically sodium chloride and citric acid)
- Serum Container
- 6 Recipes
I am absolutely blown away that all of these goodies and these ultra-expensive oils are given to you for just $39. $39! The box should retail (by Simply Earth’s pricing, which is already dang-cheap) for $126.
The Bonus Box
Are you new to Simply Earth? Get ready for a whole ‘nother bonus box! The bonus box includes all of the carrier oils and bottles you need to make your toxin-free recipes.
The Bonus Box includes:
- 6 10ml roll-on amber glass bottles
- 6 5ml amber glass bottles
- 2oz beeswax
- 12oz fractionated coconut oil (Solid coconut oil)
- 4oz carrier coconut oil
- 4oz carrier almond oil
What I Love About This Month’s Box
I love the diversity of the recipes included in this box. We’re going to support our immune system by fighting bacteria inside and outside our bodies.
- Cooling Massage Oil
- Stomach Soother Roll-On
- Menthol Shower Steamers
- Multipurpose Cleaning Spray
- Menthol Chest Rub
- Clear the Air Diffuser Blend
Multipurpose Cleaning Spray
With a small children in the house, I love using non-toxic household cleaners. My baby picks up everything and puts it in her mouth. She touches everything and then puts those fingers in her mouth. At least with non-toxic cleaners, it’s nice to know that we’re not adding harsh chemicals into the mix too.
This recipe calls for 16oz of distilled water, 16oz spray bottle, the cleaning tablet, 13 drops digest blend, 20 drops eucalyptus oil, and 7 drops fir needle oil.
Fun fact: eucalyptus oil was used to clean hospital catheters in the 19th century. Bearing this in mind, I feel pretty good about using it on my countertops! This is a very effective, alcohol-free, natural cleaner that smells fantastic.
Cooling Massage Oil
Everyone needs a good massage sometimes. Massages help us reduce pain and stress, and this particular massage oil delivers powerful immune-supporting properties directly to our skin.
I will say, this oil is potent. You could honestly use it as a chest rub as well.
To make this recipe, you need to warm up the fractionated coconut oil (I warmed it in the microwave using 10 second intervals). Add a pinch of menthol crystals and stir to dissolve. Add 6 drops of digest blend, 2 drops cajeput and stir. Pour the mixture in to the serum container and you’re good to go.
Pro tip: a little goes a long way with this!
Clear the Air Diffuser Blend
I love the idea of killing bacteria and viruses with my diffuser, don’t you?
I run eucalyptus oil in my diffuser every cold season (especially after when someone has the sniffles). With the exception of COVID, we haven’t had any major illnesses in two years.
So, I was very excited to try this diffuser blend.
This recipe calls for 2 drops Digest blend, 1 drop eucalyptus oil, 1 drop cajeput, and 1 drop fir needle. Even with these small amounts of oils, this blend is very potent. If you have small kids in the house, I would suggest running your diffuser when they aren’t around.
The Simply Earth October 2021 Box Review Conclusion + Coupon:
I thoroughly enjoyed this month’s box. Not only does it smell clean and refreshing, but it offers new, inventive ways to support my immune system. I think these oils are great tools to have on your shelf!
If you’re still on the fence, hopefully some good old money savings will help!
When you order the box, use the code BABYLANDFREE to earn a $40 e-gift card (which pays for next month’s box) AND get a free bonus box. You can cancel or pause your subscription with a single click on their website. Give this month’s box a spin and let me know how it goes!
Use code BABYLANDFREE for a $40 egiftcard
POSTS RELATED TO THE SIMPLY EARTH OCTOBER 2021 BOX: