It’s the time of the year again, y’all!
Simply Earth just dropped their candle-making recipe box and I am beyond excited to share it with you. When I first became a customer in 2019, there was one box that I didn’t get… the candle-making box. And by the time I decided that I had to have it…it SOLD OUT (FYI, it will definitely sell out this year too)
In this Simply Earth September 2021 box review, I’m showing you how to make candles with essential oils as well as what’s included in this month’s box. Making essential oil candles is super easy and fun. I hope by the end of this post, you’ll try it out too!
POSTS RELATED TO THE SIMPLY EARTH SEPTEMBER 2021 BOX:
What is Simply Earth?
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase from one of the links I will make a small commission at no charge to you. I only recommend what I trust. Blunders in Babyland does not diagnose, treat, or advise medical conditions.
If you caught this post on Pinterest or you’re new to essential oils, you might not be familiar with Simply Earth. Let me tell you a little bit about them before we make candles together.
Founded in 2015, Simply Earth is a small (but quickly growing) essential oil manufacturer. They offer 100% pure, ethically-farmed essential oils for a seriously discounted price.
How can they do that?
They’ve eliminated the middle man. Most essential oil companies broker oils, manufacture or distribute using third-party services. Simply Earth does none of that. They very carefully select plants only from ethical farmers across the globe and manufacture the oils in their own commercial kitchen. Simply Earth also take care of the distribution process themselves.
This process equates to massive cost cuts, which they then pass on to you!
As a customer of two years, I’m continually blown away by their customer service and commitment to bettering the world. Simply Earth is an active participant in the fight against human trafficking, donating13% of their money to non-profit organizations fighting for the cause.
What is the Simply Earth Recipe Box?
In this post, we’re going over one of Simply Earth’s most popular products: a recipe box. If you’re new to essential oils or looking for a heckuva bargain, the recipe box is where it’s at!
The recipe box is a monthly subscription service that delivers 4 full-sized essential oils, 6 essential oil recipes, and a couple bonuses.
Every month, the theme of the recipe box changes. For example, last month the theme was stress (or rather, de-stressing with essential oils). This month, the theme is candle making.
I actually love this aspect of the recipe boxes for two reasons:
- It ensures that you’re constantly being challenged to implement toxin-free solutions into your life in different ways. Whether that’s homemade cleaning supplies, candles, or skin-care routines.
- You’re being taught how to use essential oils. It’s so easy to get overwhelmed by the world of essential oils. Subscribing to a monthly recipe box helps you learn the craft and new recipes!
The Essential Oil Hero Course
One last bonus goody!
When you sign up for Simply Earth’s recipe box you’re also gaining access to their Essential Oil Hero Online Course for FREE. This course is usually $250 and teaches all you need to know about carrier oils, how to make your own blends, skincare products, and bath products.
What’s Included in the Simply Earth September 2021 Box
Once or twice a year Simply Earth sends out a candle-making box. In this box, they include everything to make your own homemade candles. All you need is some pretty votive candle holders. I hit up Hobby Lobby for mine!
Here’s what’s included in the Simply Earth September 2021 recipe box:
- Blood Orange Oil: Words cannot describe how good blood orange oil smells. Just think regular orange but refreshingly sweet. Typically, blood orange is used to uplift your mood, reduce stress, and help with digestive issues.
- Cinnamon Leaf Oil: Cinnamon is truly Fall bottled in a glass container. It’s another stress-relieving oil. When used topically, it can also aid with circulation and can ward off pesky insects.
- Coffee Oil: Yes, some genius thought of extracting coffee oils and bottling it up. It smells so good! Coffee essential oil is used to aid with digestion issues, improve your mood (coffee always improves my mood 😉 ), and decrease inflammation. Just be aware that coffee oil is extremely concentrated. You might have to use a dropper to get it out of the bottle. Also, because it’s so concentrated, it comes in a 5ml bottle rather than 15ml.
- Sweet Dreams Blend: This is the blend you want to use during your bedtime routine with the kiddos. It’s a mixture of marjoram, lavender, cedarwood Himalayan, German chamomile, and frankincense. These oils are known to relax your muscles, improve your breathing, and ease your body into sleep. Describing the scent is kind of tough. It smells woodsy and floral at the same time. Very serene.
Alright, now you know what essential oils you’re going to be using to scent your candles. Let’s take a look at the bonus goodies Simply Earth included in this box:
- Soy Wax
- Cotton Candle Wick (x2)
- Wax Satchet Mold
- 6 Candle-Making Recipes
The Bonus Box
If you decide to buy the Simply Earth September recipe box and you’re a new subscriber you’ll also receive a Bonus Box. This box includes all of the essential oil supplies you’ll need to begin making your recipes.
The Bonus Box includes:
- 6 10ml roll-on amber glass bottles
- 6 5ml amber glass bottles
- 2oz beeswax (you’ll use this for many of the recipes in this box. I also substituted this when I ran out of the soy wax).
- 12oz fractionated coconut oil (This is coconut oil in a solid state. I’ve used it to make candles and lip balm).
- 4oz carrier coconut oil
- 4oz carrier almond oil
What I Love About This Month’s Box: Candle Making Recipes
Oh my gosh, I loved this month’s recipe box so much. My daughter and I had a blast creating these candles and we can’t wait to do it again.
There’s so many delicious ways to use the oils included in the Simply Earth September 2021 recipe box:
- Sweet Dreams Floral Candle
- Citrus Wax Satchet
- Ice Cream Candle
- DIY Fall Pinecones
- Sweet Memories Roll On
- Autumn Days Diffuser Blend
Citrus Wax Satchet
Full disclosure: before receiving the Simply Earth September 2021 box, I had no idea what a sachet was. I had to Google it. So, if you’re like me, a sachet is simply a small perfumed bag. In this case, it’s a small bag made of wax.
I am pretty proud of my sachet. I’m not crafty AT ALL and I think it turned out so well!
It’s a perfect air freshener for the car or you can hang it above the air vents in your car to gently freshen up a room.
To make the sachet, you simply heat 2TBS beeswax to melting with a double-boiler. Let it cool to 150 degrees, stir in your essential oil of choice (I followed the recipe and used blood orange), and pour the mixture into the mold. If you want to go that extra mile, you can add some pressed flowers or dried orange peel pieces to the mold before it solidifies. I added some dried calendula petals from a previous box.
Sweet Dreams Floral Candle
This is another DIY candle success story from a totally uncrafty person! My daughter and I made this candle together and we’re super proud of it.
To make the sweet dreams floral candle, you mix ⅓ cup of soy wax, ½ TBS solid coconut oil, and 2 TBS beeswax. Heat until melted with a double-boiler (or the jenky invention you see above, which is just a glass bowl over a pot of boiling water). Let it cool to 150 degrees and add 40 drops of the sweet dreams blend. Dip the bottom of the wick (the metal part) into your wax before securing it to the bottom of your votive candle holder.
If you want to get fancy, you can add dried flower petals to your candle. Once again, I used calendula petals. I dipped the tips of the flowers into the wax before securing them onto the side of the glass holder. Then I poured the rest of the wax into the holder.
It looks fancy and smells great!
Ice Cream Candle
I love the concept of anice cream shaped candle. However, my votive candle holders are on the smaller side, so I opted for making two ice cream scented candles instead. However, if you’d like to make an ice cream shaped candle, Simply Earth’s instructions are very easy to follow.
Having said that, I followed the instructions for the candle above, except I added 20 drops coffee essential oil and 20 drops cinnamon essential oil.
This candle smells faaaaaantastic. Like a cinnamon de leche latte!
Other Goodies to Consider
If you plan on buying the Simply Earth September box, I would consider grabbing the essential oils storage box and the essential oil recipe storage box. These box are so beautiful and they help you organize all of your oil goodies!
The Simply Earth July 2021 Recipe Box Review Conclusion: How to Grab Yours and Save Big!
Are you ready to make some candles?!
Get your Simply Earth September 2021 recipe box quick because it’ll most likely sell out by the 20th!
The value on this box is excellent. The combined value of the items included is $118 but you can grab your Simply Earth September recipe box for only $39. Plus, if you’re a new subscriber, you’ll receive a bonus box and free $40 egift card by using my code, BABYLANDFREE, and the link below.
POSTS RELATED TO THE SIMPLY EARTH SEPTEMBER 2021 BOX: