Welcome to Blunders in Babyland!
Hi, I’m Erin. Writer, editor, stay-at-home mom of two girls, and the creator of Blunders in Babyland.
About Erin Artfitch
Before becoming a mom, I was an interior designer. I thrived on an interesting mix of chaos and structure. Creativity and organization. Interestingly enough, I feel like it prepared me for motherhood in a small way.
When I had my first daughter in 2017, I decided to become a stay-at-home mom. Ladies, I’m not kidding, I thought I had everything figured out before this point. I had a career. I had a birth plan. I had a baby sleep schedule.
But becoming a stay-at-home mom broke me.
My husband became the primary breadwinner for our household and I honestly struggled with the feeling that I wasn’t contributing. If my early motherhood could be summarized in two words it would be: overwhelming and uncertain. I was constantly questioning myself and my ability to parent the tiny, precious baby I had given birth to.
Look, taking care of babies SUCKS. Sometimes, your motherhood experience looks nothing like you thought it would and that’s downright depressing. After two babies, three moves, and a lot of tearful nights, I can confidently say that you’ll never have it all figured out. But that’s okay.
My goal isn’t to turn you into the perfect mom. I simply want to provide you with creative, actionable solutions to help you overcome these challenges.
I’m not a medical professional, but I am a mom who has been through the baby trenches just like you. My advice is authentic and built off firsthand experience. Not to mention, blood, sweat, and buckets of tears. In today’s age especially, moms crave help from other moms.
My goal is to help you navigate the challenges of early motherhood. I want to help you thrive during the this short, elusive time.
A few quick facts about me:
- I breastfed both of my girls for 13 months
- I sleep-trained both babies (even my insane dragon baby)
- Both of my babies were breech! Thankfully, both turned. My first was born with an epidural. My second was born without.
- I’ve moved to three different states since my first daughter was born.
- We’ve survived primarily on a single income since 2015. I am a pretty big fan of budgeting.
- I’m a follower of Christ and I love sharing that faith with my kids.
- Organizing and decorating is my stress-management tool, even as a stay-at-home mom. As a former interior designer, I LOVE sharing decorating tips on this blog!
What This Blog Is About
I created Blunders in Babyland in 2017, shortly after my first daughter was born. At first, it was an outlet to share some of my favorite sleep training tips. Then, I expanded to topics that I felt just didn’t have enough information on the internet: tongue tie, breech babies, back pain during pregnancy, etc.
Now, I want this website to be an authentic resource for new moms.
This blog is about embracing the craziness of early motherhood, while employing practical tips to make it easier (and maybe have a little bit of grace for yourself along the way).
At Blunders in Babyland, my articles are focused on topics I’ve had experience with or researched intensively. I write lots of product reviews of baby gear and give tips for the following topics:
- Infant Sleep (sleep training, daily schedules, newborn sleep class reviews, etc.)
- Baby care tips
- Toddler Tips (keeping ’em busy, potty training, best products, etc.)
- New mom tips (Postpartum, faith, daily living tips, budgeting)
- Pregnancy (I had two breech pregnancies, so I especially enjoy sharing about those experiences)
Erin Artfitch & Blunders in Babyland in the Press
I try to be authentic and honest with my tips. I feel so blessed that they’ve been featured on a number of media outlets. Here’s a few of the latest:
- “How to manage clogged milk ducts and mastitis when breastfeeding.” — Care.com
- “60+ Reasons Why Family Is Important in Our Life” –UpJourney.com
- “Child Spacing: Is There an Ideal Age Gap Between Children?” — Healthline.com
- “Some of the Best Moms Are the Broken Ones”— Her View From Home.
- “We took a Cross-Country Road Trip with a Baby & You Can, Too”–Tinybeans.com
Want to contact me? Fill out the form on this page or email me at erin (at) blundersinbabyland.com
Are you a brand? As a mom of two, check out my work with me page.
Are you a writer? Check out my contributor page to learn more about guest posting.
Below I’ll show you a few of our most popular posts and tools that I hope you’ll love. It was nice to meet you, mama. I look forward to getting to know you more.
And I am sure of this, that he who began a good work in you will bring it to completion at the day of Jesus Christ.
If you’re just getting started, here are a few of the topics moms just like you are finding answers to every day: