I like to tell my readers that it all started with a headache.
A few years ago, I had a blazing headache at work. My coworker, a gruff, no-frills kind-of-guy, insisted that I add a dab of peppermint essential oil to my pulse points. I probably looked at him like he had grown two heads, but he was so confident that I tried it out. To my surprise, my headache disappeared in just a few minutes.
If you’re reading this, you’ve probably either a., seen how powerful essential oils can be or b., heard the rumors and you’d like to start using some for yourself.
In this post, I’m unboxing Simply Earth’s June 2020 recipe box, which is entirely dedicated to healing ailments, burns, and other skin wounds with essential oils. I am ridiculously excited by the oils and recipes included in this box and I think you will be too!
Plus, at the end of the post, I’ll share how you can save big on these therapeutic oils and score some essential oil supplies for free.
RELATED POSTS TO THE SIMPLY EARTH JUNE 2020 RECIPE BOX REVIEW:
- Simply Earth Essential Oils Brand Review
- The Simply Earth Starter Box Review
- May 2020 Recipe Box Review
Why do Essential Oils Work for Healing Wounds
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase from one of the links I will make a small commission at no charge to you. Blunders in Babyland does not diagnose, treat, or give out any professional advice for any medical conditions. I was gifted box to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own.
Are you an essential oil skeptic?
I do not blame you! I’ve only been hard-core about essential oils for about a year now (and that passion has only grown because of Simply Earth, but we’ll get to that in a minute).
As my story above kind of hints at, I really did not trust the efficacy of essential oils at first. So, I think it’s very important to explain WHY and HOW essential oils can actually aid in healing.
When focusing on healing cuts, burns, and scars, you want to focus on three components: skin regeneration, reducing inflammation, and preventing infection. Infection and inflammation exasperate wounds, which hinders skin regeneration.
So, when selecting the essential oils for your DIY remedies, you want to make sure that your choices are known for containing these properties.
How you’re using the essential oils also affects its efficiency. When you’re using essential oils for healing skin, you’re going to want to apply topically. The chemical makeup of the essential oil directly interacts with our body’s skin cell composition as well as any bacteria growing on the surface.
Who is Simply Earth and Why I Love Them
That’s about as science-y as I’m going to get in this article. Let’s move on to the essential oils.
I love Simply Earth. In fact, I would not be an avid essential oil user if I hadn’t been introduced to this company.
What separates them from the competition?
Everyone knows that high-quality, pure essential oils are expensive. Except, thanks to Simply Earth, they’re not anymore.
Simply Earth is a family-owned essential oil company based out of Wisconsin. They produce only 100% pure, therapeutic grade, GC/MS-tested essential oils for a fraction of the cost as large competitors.
Here’s what Simply Earth has done to minimize their costs:
- Acquisition: Simply Earth does not work with brokers. They only acquire high-quality plants from ethical farmers across the world.
- Production: They make all of their oils in their own commercial kitchen in Wisconsin. Like I said, every batch is 100% pure and GC/MS tested to industry standards.
- Distribution and Sales: They are a non-MLM company that only sells the oils online. Simply Earth hand-packs these oils and ships them out, once again cutting out manufacturing and distribution fees.
- Generosity: Simply Earth could pocket the profits like other essential oil companies, but they don’t. They pass along the savings to their customers. Not only that, but they donate 13% of their profits to nonprofit organizations against human trafficking.
I hope you’re starting to fall in love with them, because they are totally legit.
Now, if you want to save even more on essential oils, you can subscribe to their monthly recipe boxes, which is what this post is going over.
What’s a Recipe Box?
Simply Earth’s recipe boxes are complete game-changers in the essential oil world. They’ll save you lots of money and they basically ensure that you will actually get your money’s worth. These recipe boxes are designed to teach you how to gradually make your home chemical and toxin-free.
Each recipe box contains 4 essential oils, 6 essential oil recipes, and 2-3 bonus items. The “theme” of each recipe box changes monthly.
The June 2020 Recipe Box theme is “Oily Aid Kit.” In other words, we’re going to make our own DIY wound healing remedies.
What’s Included and How You Can Use These Oils to Heal Wounds and Ailments
Okay, let’s get into the fun part: the best essential oils to create DIY wound remedies! Simply Earth’s experts very carefully picked out the ingredients for this box. I would definitely consider these oils the A-Team for healing wounds or other ailments.
Remember what we’re focusing on here: skin regeneration, inflammation reduction, and preventing inflammation.
Essential Oils Included:
- Cardamom: Got a tummy bug? Cardamon is known for helping indigestion; it relaxes your stomach muscles and can majorly reduce discomfort. When you’re creating oily remedies, cardamom is also great for easing skin irritation.
- Lavender: Lavender, the rockstar of the essential oil world, right next to peppermint and tea tree oil. This powerful essential oil is often used aromatherapy to treat anxiety and insomnia. I personally use lavender to help me sleep. Having said that, it’s also a very effective antiseptic and shows promise as an anti-inflammatory.
- Timber: This is a new blend exclusive to Simply Earth! Created from Cypress, Cedarwood, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Peru Balsam, Mandarin, the Timber blend smells so, so good. It’s basically tranquility in a bottle. Mandarin, Patchouli, and Cedarwood are used for anti-anxiety and mood-lifting purposes. Cypress, also an anti-anxiety essential oil, is known for healing wounds and aiding in toxin removal. Peru Balsam is probably a new one for you. Sweet and spicy (just like the balsamic sauce), peru balsam is great for cleaning cuts, hemorrhoids, or skin rashes. The overall scent of the blend is kind of like cinnamon, vanilla, and pine trees all mixed together. Be careful, though. It may be harsh on sensitive skin types.
- Bumps & Booboos: Another proprietary blend of Simply Earth, Bumps & Booboos is composed of helichrysum, lavender, tea tree, & lemon. Full confession: I have never heard of helichrysum before. While researching this article, I learned that it’s created from the helichrysum flower, AKA the “everlasting flower,” and is most commonly used in anti-aging products. For healing purposes, helichrysum aids with skin regeneration and contains antibiotic properties. (If you’re curious to learn more about the other ingredients, I go over all of these oils in my review of the Simply Earth Starter Box).
But wait, there’s more…
Also, the Simply Earth June 2020 recipe box is pure aloe vera gel and dried calendula flowers.
You’ve probably heard of aloe vera gel before. If not, you should know that scientific studies have proved that is an extremely potent anti-inflammatory and can even help with pain relief.
The fried calendula flowers are made from marigold flowers; they soothe burns, relieve itchy bug bites, and so much more.
The Bonus Box
One final thing you can expect to see if you’re decide to buy the Simply Earth recipe box: a completely free bonus box.
This box ($40 value) contains all of the containers, carrier oils, and materials you’ll need to make your oily remedies. I honestly can not believe they just GIVE AWAY this box. I think it’s just an incredible testament to Simply Earth’s commitment to their customers.
Here’s what the bonus box includes:
- 6 10ml roll-on amber glass bottles
- 6 5ml amber glass bottles
- 4oz carrier almond oil
- 2oz beeswax
- 12oz coconut oil (solid)
- 4oz carrier fractionated coconut oil
(Note: This bonus box only goes to new subscribers or existing subscribers every 6th recipe box. If you’re a new subscriber, make sure you use the code: BABYLANDFREE. )
Simply Earth June 2020 Recipes: Using Essential Oils for Healing Skin
Now you have a fair idea of how essential oils can heal your wounds and which oils to use. Let’s dive into some DIY recipes!
The recipes included in this month’s box are:
- Sleek & Smooth Shaving Butter
- Calendula Solar Infused Oil
- Digestion Help Roll On
- Burn Salve
- Skin Healing Gel
- No Stress Blend
Calendula Solar Infused Oil
This is, hands-down, the recipe I was most excited to try this month. I have never created infused oils before.
To recreate this recipe, combine calendula flowers with fractionated (liquid) coconut oil and letting it soak in the sun for a good 3 weeks. Once the flowers have infused, you simply remove the chunks with a sieve (I’m going to use my tea infuser).
Use this recipe to heal and soothe burns, itchy bug bites, and slow-healing wounds.
Let’s say you’re not in to waiting for 3 weeks for a good remedy. No worries! This burn salve offers instant relief.
Simply melt beeswax and combine with fractionated coconut oil to create the salve. Add lavender oil and the Bumps and Booboos blend in a 1:2 ratio (I followed Simply Earth’s recipe and added 10 drops of the lavender and 20 drops of the Bumps and Booboos blend.
Skin Healing Gel
I have a toddler that is basically a walking bumps and booboos. So, I was particularly excited to create this recipe. The skin healing gel is specifically for skin rashes, cuts, and other minor ouchies.
To make this recipe, you simply combine 20 drops of the Bumps and Booboos blend and ½ teaspoon of the fractionated coconut oil with the 2oz. aloe vera gel included in the box. My toddler loved the smell and, as you can see, she felt very confident applying by herself.
Want to Grab the Simply Earth June 2020 Recipe Box? Here’s How to Save More Money
If you are ready to snag your own Simply Earth June 2020 recipe box, you can get all of this for just $39. Seriously!
New members can also get the bonus box AND free $40 e-giftcard. This basically pays for next month’s box as well. Just remember to use my code BABYLANDFREE.
Now, if you’re a little hesitant to sign up for a subscription service, you should know that you can cancel or even pause at any time. So, if next month’s box isn’t for you, you can just skip it!
Just keep in mind that you do receive awesome incentives for staying with Simply Earth, such as a free bonus box every 6 months, new recipes, and a pretty awesome referral program.
NOTE: the recipe boxes ALWAYS sell out by the middle of the month. If this month’s box sells out, you can still grab the Starter Box. It’s loaded with lots of essential oils that are also great for healing skin wounds. The Starter Box includes: Frankincense, peppermint, lemon, and Sleepy blend.
RELATED POST: Simply Earth Starter Box Review
The Simply Earth June Box Review Conclusion…
I hope you’re pumped up and ready to make some DIY wound remedies! These oils are A-mazing and the recipes are so, so easy to recreate. I know you’re going to have fun with them. I also hope that you check out Simply Earth’s June recipe box. It’s only $39 and it’s definitely worth it!
To check out the box, simply click the button below to go to Simply Earth. Remember to use my code, BABYLANDFREE, to snag the bonus box and free $40 e-giftcard.
Now, back to you: what essential oils have you used for to heal wounds and other ailments? I’d love to see some of your best tips below!
RELATED POSTS TO THE SIMPLY EARTH JUNE 2020 RECIPE BOX REVIEW: