I remember sitting in my hospital room, watching in wonder as the nurse folded an ordinary blanket into a beautiful swaddle.
By the end of our visit, the nurse showed us how to swaddle a baby at least five times and my daughter broke out of every swaddle I tried.
This would’ve been the end of our swaddling days for sure, but despite the fact that my baby hated being swaddled, she needed it to sleep as well. If you’re in the same boat, I’m glad you’re here.
In this post you’re going to learn how to swaddle a baby that hates being swaddled. I’ll list out the very best swaddles I’ve used to wrangle my own Houdini baby and some effective techniques you can use on your baby that hates swaddles.
Welcome to the Baby Sleep Series
If you’re just tuning in, this is the third post in my Baby Sleep Series. If you’re preparing for your baby or in the mix of exhausted, sleepless nights, then this is for you!
Before we begin, here are the other posts:
- Everything You Need to Know to Get Your Baby to Sleep Through the Night – Introduction to From Sleepless to Slumbering Series
- Baby Sleep Training: Everything You Need to Know
- Why Your Baby Won’t Sleep: 7 Surprising Things That Kill a Baby’s Sleep
- How to Swaddle a Baby That Absolutely Hates Being Swaddled!
- Easy Tips for Sleep with a Breastfed Baby
- How to Start the Perfect Baby Sleep Schedule