Do you struggle with hormone-related problems? Mood swings, severe menstrual cramps, migraines…
I feel for you! PMS can be downright awful before you have kids. And after? Ugh, sometimes it’s just best to clear the house for a few days (or weeks!) After giving birth to my first child, my hormones (and mood swings) changed dramatically. Some months were barely noticeable. Other months…well, let’s just say my husband is a patient man!
But PMS isn’t the only thing that can mess with your hormones. Dietary issues, PCOS, and menopause are just a few conditions that can mess with our lives.
For many women, essential oils can provide a non-toxic alternative to modern pharmaceuticals. Essential oils have been found to relieve stress, balance your hormones, relieve discomfort during your menstrual cycle, and so much more.
The Simply Earth May 2020 box is entirely dedicated to that purpose! If you’ve been thinking about balancing your hormones with essential oils, you need to check it out. In this post, we’re going to talk about the essential oils included in this box, how they can relieve some of these nasty symptoms (the science behind it is so cool!), and what concoctions you can make to accomplish this.
RELATED POSTS TO THE SIMPLY EARTH MAY BOX REVIEW:
- Simply Earth Essential Oils Brand Review
- Simply Earth Starter Box Review
- Create DIY Cleaning Products with Simply Earth Essential Oils
New to Simply Earth? Here’s What You Need to Know
Let’s back up for a second. Before we talk about how we can balance our hormones, let me introduce you to my favorite essential oils company and why I recommend them so highly.
Simply Earth is a family-owned company that produces 100% pure essential oils with ingredients harvested only from ethical farmers. They acquire all of their plants themselves (no brokers, no shady deals) and manufacture the oils in their commercial kitchen in Waldo, WI.
I love this company because they really seem to take pride in the quality and authenticity of their oils. Not only that, but since they do a lot of the work themselves, they are able to pass along HUGE savings to their customers.
If you don’t believe me, check out the competition’s prices and on Frankincense or Lavender. You’ll be astounded!
Simply Earth also takes a firm stance on the world’s humanitarian crisis. With every essential oil you purchase, 13% of those profits go to a nonprofit organization fighting against human trafficking.
For Example, this month Simply Earth is donating to Dton Naam, an organization that offers hope and a new way of life to young boys forced into human trafficking.
To me, this is huge! Not many companies can boast that they’re actively saving the world!
What’s a Recipe Box?
If you’re new to essential oils and not sure where to start OR you want to save even more money, I highly recommend starting off with Simply Earth’s monthly recipe box.
A recipe box is a value-packed bundle containing 4 essential oils, 6 essential oil recipes, and 2-3 bonuses. These bundles allow you to build up your essential oils stash cohesively and actually learn how to implement these oils in your daily life.
While the recipe box is a subscription service, you can cancel or pause at any time. That way, if you already have the oils, you won’t waste your money.
I will say, the recipe box themes are always spot on. For example, Simply Earth’s May recipe box focuses on women and balancing your hormones. Perfect for Mother’s Day!
What’s Included in This Month’s Box
If you’ve researched balancing hormones or boosting your mood with essential oils, you’ll probably notice few familiar oils. But, if you’re completely new to essential oils, don’t worry, I’ll explain exactly how these oils can help relieve your symptoms and the research behind them!
- Tangerine Essential Oil: This is my favorite oil in the Simply Earth May Recipe Box. It just smells so good! Tangerine essential oil is an antiseptic, antioxidant, cytophylactic (helps skin cells regenerate), and it boosts your metabolism and your mood. What’s not to love? Research has found it to be an excellent oil for diffuser blends, face masks, and even cleaning supplies. If you’re not completely on board with sweet orange essential oil (which has a much stronger citrus scent), this is perfect for you.
- Marjoram Essential Oil: Packs a powerful punch against Lady Flow. It has a very powerful scent (think similar to oregano) and can be used effectively topically or diffused. If your hormonal symptoms include migraines, constipation, nausea, or cramps, this is the oil you want to use. Marjoram can also stimulate menstrual flow and balance hormones.
- Ladies Choice Blend: This is a blend of Clary Sage, Marjoram, Geranium, and Lavender. Clary sage is the first potent ingredient in this blend that has a direct relationship with a woman’s uterus. In fact, some midwives suggest using clary sage in late pregnancy to stimulate labor or during labor to help it move along. It can also reduce pain, like lavender. Geranium is especially handy for those hormone-induced acne breakouts. It’s an anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, and antimicrobial (all necessary for a great skin cream!). For you ladies suffering from menopause symptoms, geranium’s ability to stimulate estrogen secretion may also come in handy.
- Good Vibes: This is Simply Earth’s brand new blend and it’s definitely the star of the show. It smells heavenly. Good Vibes is a mix of Lavender, Lemon, Ho Wood, Geranium, and Clary Sage. Ho wood, like lavender, relaxes your body, relieves stress, and regulates feel-good emotions. While the Ladies Choice blend takes care of your physical discomort, Good Vibes is definitely the best choice for emotional balance. Lemon is known for its antidepressant properties.
The Simply Earth’s May 2010 recipe box includes 1oz. Bottle, .5oz bottle for face salve, and lavender buds.
The Bonus Box
Are you ready to get more stuff and save even more money?
When you subscribe to Simply Earth for the first time, you also receive the big BONUS BOX. This box, completely 100% free and loaded with $39 worth of essential oil goodies. Then, after you’ve been a subscriber for 6 months, you get ANOTHER Bonus Box.
The bonus box includes:
- 6 10ml roll-on amber glass bottles
- 6 5ml amber glass bottles
- 4oz carrier almond oil
- 2oz beeswax
- 12oz coconut oil (solid)
- 4oz carrier fractionated coconut oil
Simply Earth May 2020 Recipes: How to Balance Your Hormones With Essential Oils
Okay, hopefully by now you have a pretty clear idea of what’s included in the box and how those essential oils can balance your hormones and relieve your symptoms in theory. Let’s put what we know into practice and go over some of the recipes!
Here’s the recipes included in the May recipe box:
- Complexion Face Serum
- Positivity Solid Perfume
- Balance Bath Soak
- Spring Day Diffuser Blend
- Good Vibes Roll On
- Cramp Care Compress
Complexion Face Serum
Acne is the bane of a woman’s “time of the month.”
You’re suddenly struggling with an unwelcome zit, gives this recipe a try. It’s just a fusion of almond oil, Good Vibes, marjoram, and tangerine. It does wonders for your skin (remember what I told you about tangerine essential oil and skin regeneration?)
The actual feel of the serum is very light despite the almond oil and slightly acidic but not overpowering at all (I have normal to mildly dry skin, I would say).
Good Vibes Roll On
Be honest here…are you suffering from mood swings? Girl, I GET IT.
Pregnancy hasn’t been kind to my mood. By the end of the day, my daughter’s rough-housing shenanigans (combined with the lack of activity from our current quarantine status) has definitely put me on edge.
Not only does the Good Vibes Roll On smell fantastic, but it kept me even-keeled during those usually hairy last few hours of the day. The recipe is incredibly easy to replicate as well. Basically, you’re just adding a few drops of the Good Vibes blend to Fractionated Coconut Oil (using the roll-on container that comes with your Bonus Box) and rubbing it on your pulse points.
Spring Day Diffuser Blend
This diffuser blend is basically throwing in all of the ingredients that come with the box! Breathing this in for a few minutes will help relax your muscles (lessening pain from cramps) and improve your mood swings. These oils are also great for headaches.
The blend is extremely aromatic and instantly relaxing. The only downside is, if you use the marjoram and Ladies Choice blend, you’ll have to consider the age of your children in the house (those blends are only appropriate for 10+).
Simply Earth March 2020 Recipe Box Conclusion: Balancing Your Hormones Without Spending an Arm & a Leg on Essential Oils
I am still shocked that you can buy all of these recipes, ingredients, and essential oil supplies for just $39. If you’ve been thinking about using essential oils to balance your hormones, now is definitely the time.
Plus, if you’re a new subscriber, you can use my code BABYLANDFREE to get the recipe box, bonus box, and a free $40 e-giftcard.
Simply Earth also has an amazing referral program that allows you to recommend your friends. If your friend becomes a subscriber, you save 50% on your next box! And believe me, it’s so easy to recommend this company to your friends. With the price and quality of the oils, you’ll be happy to save your friends from overspending!
What if This Box is Sold Out?
Simply Earth recipe boxes literally sell out every single month (I’m not kidding). Last month’s box, which revolved around creating DIY cleaners, sold out by the 18th of the month. Like I said, these boxes are HOT.
So, if you find that the May recipe box is sold out, don’t fret. You can still purchase these oils ala carte from the Simply Earth website. Or, alternatively, you can purchase the Starter Box. It contains the peppermint and lemon, frankincense, and Sleepy Blend. These are highly versatile oils that are perfect for face masks, cleaning supplies, getting rid of headaches, and even boosting your mood.
RELATED POST: Simply Earth Starter Box Review
The Simply Earth May Box Review Conclusion…
Women have enough to worry about without dealing with hormonal imbalances and menstrual symptoms. If you’ve been considering giving essential oils a try to treat your symptoms, Simply Earth holds your hand and helps you go through the entire process.
To snag the Simply Earth May box, you can check it out here. Just remember to use the code, BABYLANDFREE, to get the bonus box and free $40 egiftcard.
I hope these oils provide some relief from your symptoms!