I remember sitting in my hospital room, watching in wonder as the nurse folded an ordinary blanket into a beautiful swaddle.
By the end of our visit, the nurse showed us how to swaddle a baby at least five times…and I’d like to think I mastered her technique…except my daughter broke out of every swaddle I tried.
This would’ve been the end of our swaddling days for sure, but despite the fact that my baby hated being swaddled, she needed it to sleep as well. If you’re in the same boat, I’m glad you’re here.
Below are the very best techniques and products you can use to swaddle the baby that hates swaddles.
From Sleepless to Slumber Baby Sleep Series
If you’re just tuning in, this is the third post in the Baby Sleep Series. If you’re preparing for your baby or in the mix of exhausted, sleepless nights, then this is for you!
Before we begin, here are the other posts:
- Everything You Need to Know to Get Your Baby to Sleep Through the Night – Introduction to From Sleepless to Slumbering Series
- Baby Sleep Training: Everything You Need to Know
- Why Your Baby Won’t Sleep: 7 Surprising Things That Kill a Baby’s Sleep
- How to Swaddle a Baby (That Absolutely Hates Being Swaddled!
- Easy Tips for Sleep with a Breastfed Baby
- How to Start the Perfect Baby Sleep Schedule